UIC COVID-19 Tracking: Academic Year 2020-2021
Tracking Heading link
Efficient and reliable testing is an important part of the university’s risk mitigation strategy. COVID-19 cases reported on this dashboard are updated M/W/F on business days, and reflect positive test results from day of test.
Aligned with guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), individuals who have tested positive must follow all campus protocols established for isolation at home or in campus housing as appropriate, and those who have been exposed must follow all campus protocols established for quarantine. In accordance with privacy laws, UIC does not disclose personally identifying information to the public about individuals who test positive.
UIC believes everyone in the community deserves equal access to public health information and is committed to creating an inclusive digital experience. If you are experiencing challenges accessing the information, please contact the Disability Resource Center for more options.
To view current COVID-19 data, please visit the UIC COVID-19 Tracking: Academic Year 2021-2022 Dashboard..
UIC COVID-19 Dashboard - Archive Heading link
UIC COVID-19 Updates Heading link
August 24, 2021 Update
Welcome back to a new academic year at UIC! This year brings with it a number of wonderful changes, including a return to in-person learning and activities. With an increase in in-person activities with UIC, we know many are excited while others may be feeling anxiety about this change. UIC contact tracing wanted to inform individuals about the many layers of protection that have been implemented in preparation for the upcoming semester.
- Vaccination: required for all students and employees, except those who have received an exemption. Vaccines are the number one way to protect yourself and others from getting COVID-19, and you can get vaccinated right here at UIC. All FDA-approved vaccines are extremely effective at preventing severe illness, hospitalization, and death. Given that we are now experiencing a surge in cases driven by the more contagious Delta variant, getting vaccinated is more important than ever!
- Mandatory saliva testing and Healthcheck attestations: required for individuals who are not fully vaccinated – testing must occur twice weekly and the Healthcheck must be completed any time you come to campus.
- Diagnostic testing available for those with symptoms: this testing is available at Student Health Services for students and University Health Services for employees and student workers. Remember, if you are experiencing symptoms, no matter how mild, stay home and find out where to report them using the UIC COVID-19 Reporting Decision Tool.
- Required masking: masks are extremely effective in preventing the spread of COVID-19.
- All individuals are required to wear a mask while indoors at UIC, regardless of vaccination status. The only exception is if you are alone in a private office.
- If you are fully vaccinated you are not required to wear a mask outdoors on campus. If you are not fully vaccinated, you are required to wear a mask outdoors on campus unless you are at least 6 feet away from others.
- Contact tracing: contact tracing will reach out to you if you test positive at UIC or if you are in close contact with someone infectious for COVID-19. Please remember to report any symptoms, exposures, positive tests, or out-of-state/country travel regardless of your vaccination status. The Reporting Decision Tool will guide you to the correct place to report by answering a few simple questions.
- Please also help UIC contact tracing by being aware of your surroundings: get to know the people near you in classes and at work so that if you ever do test positive, you are able to help us identify who you may have been close to.
- Improved ventilation: UIC has worked to improve ventilation across campus to increase classroom safety.
Remember, all of these layers of protection only work if you do your part. It’s up to all of us to keep ourselves and the campus safe!